Flat gutted in fire in Thane, Maharashtra, no casualties

Thane, November 14 (Language) A flat was completely gutted in a fire on the 18th floor of a building in Maharashtra’s Thane district. Officials gave this information on Tuesday.

Yasin Tadvi, head of the disaster management unit of Thane Municipal Corporation, said that the fire broke out in this flat located in a 22-storey building in Kashigaon in Mira Road area at around 2.15 am on Monday night but there were no casualties.

He told that in this apartment, a lamp was lit on the table for puja, due to which the cloth kept on it (table) caught fire and its flames spread throughout the house.

He told that the people living in that flat came out safely but the house was completely burnt.

The official said that the fire had reached the 21st floor and also damaged parts of some flats on the upper floors. According to him, electrical wires, wooden cupboards, doors etc. were also destroyed.

He said that on receiving the information, local firefighters reached the spot with six fire engines and extinguished the fire by 4.35 pm.


Rajkumar Simmi


Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *