Requirements for UGC NET Eligibility in 2022 in Terms of Education
Candidates may sit for the test if they have a Master’s degree or an equivalent degree or if they are enrolled in a Master’s degree programme or an equivalent programme in their final year as recognised by the commission.
They must have received a minimum of 55% (without rounding up) in one of these subjects for their Master’s degree or equivalent (final);
Science of Social (including languages)
Computer Applications and Science
Science of the electron, etc.
(you may refer to the complete list of subjects on the official website)
- For categories, OBC (non-creamy), SC/ST, PwD and third gender candidates must have secured 50% marks in their final year of Master’s degree or equivalent.
- It is recommended that candidates only appear on the topic of their postgraduate degree. In case, their subjects are not mentioned in the ‘list of subjects’, they may appear for related subjects.
- Candidates have a choice to appear for either ‘Assistant Professor’ or ‘JRF and Assistant Professor’ or both. They are advised to choose carefully which they wish to appear for. They will be ruled according to the options they choose while they fill the application form.
- Candidates who qualify for the Assistant Professor exam will be judged according to the rules of recruitment in the Indian Universities/Colleges.
- Candidates who qualify for the JRF and Assistant professor are eligible to conduct research in their subject or related subject of post-graduation as well as eligible for teaching as an Assistant Professor.
- The NFSC, NFOBC and MANF will be judged according to the guidelines mentioned on the official website.
Application Fee for UGC NET
Each applicant must pay a different application cost for the UGC NET. Depending on the type of students, it varies. The following table includes the application fees for each category.
Application Fee Categories General
1000 INR for EWS/OBC (NCL)
SC/ST/PwD/Transgender INR 500 INR 250
Note: Candidates must remember to take a printout of the entire form, including the payment confirmation.